To be content with life, there are at least two ways of doing this.
The first I’ve tried for many years, it seems to work, what do you think?
Here’s the plan, sit back observe everyone and get an idea how to please them. Work out a whole lot of what if’s and maybe’s and set the plan in motion, then things don’t seem to go to plan, so add a few more what if’s and maybe’s. I’ve done this for years, it can be effective but very tiring trying to second guess and please folk.
It works to a point but I didn’t put myself in place I should be, I’ve made myself a slave to everyone and everything else. If I’m at the service first to everyone and myself second I’m not looking after myself and I’ll eventually break.
The second method, you may have guessed, is to:
1.Put myself first, not in a selfish way but self-full,
- I care about myself,
- I’m content with myself,
- I’m conscious of what I do
- I’m efficacious in what I do
2. However this isn’t really enough on its own, these on their own are just being selfish, bothers need to be included.
- I’m observant of my friends and colleagues
- I accept the support off my friends and colleagues
- I trust my friends and colleagues
3. However this is still not enough, I interact with equipment and tools, to be inclusive these need to be considered.
- I understand how to use the tools
- I’m skilled at using the tools
- I’m conscious of my use when a use the tools
4. However this is still not enough, I interact with other people and the environment, to be fully inclusive they need to be considered as well.
- I recognise that I live with other people and the environment
- I recognise the other people and the environment support me both directly and indirectly
- I can accept the support of other people and the environment openly
There is a catch to all this, each of the above points need to be in balance with each other, if one has a greater pull then the others will suffer and contentment will suffer.
Here’s an example, I’m a singer with an orchestra, (if only)
- Point 1 is about myself
- Point 2 is about the members of the orchestra
- Point 3 is about my body and voice
- Point 4 is about the audience and the theatre.
Take a moment or a few moments each day to consider who and what are in your points and in your thoughts.