Authority – a word that gives me awkward thoughts
- Being told what to do
- Being measured and checked if I’m doing it right
- Somebody has the authority over me
- I want to rebel against authority
- I’m not in charge
- I’m being undermined and not in control
If I turn it around
“Somebody else has authority over me’
“I have authority over me”
then thoughts change and I’m empowered with the authority in what I do.
The need to
- please others disappears
- be measured by others disappears
- search for criticism and approval from others disappears.
I am my own man and I become my authentic self.
The real me
On first thoughts this turn around is pretty scary, I’m vulnerable and open to others, well that’s my initial thoughts but really I’m not open to others, I’m open but in control of my own destiny.
Life still goes on…
View original post 117 more words